Still kicking around...


I live. Yes, I do.

It's been a while but I really wanted to thank everyone for all of the heartfelt comments and emails about my Petey. They all mean a lot to me and have helped me to carry on even though there is a huge void without him. You would not think that a house with three bunnies running around could feel empty, but it does. He was a tiny bunny with a huge presence. We all miss him.

Anyway... In other news, I have been trying to work hard and make something of this holiday season. I have one more show this coming weekend and then I am done with shows for the year. I did 16 shows this year. That was a lot and I am so ready to be done with them for a while. I am a bit burned out. Shows are hard and exhausting. And already the new applications are pouring in and the deadlines are coming up.... and thus the cycle begins again. Usually by the time they start up again I am ready and willing to go. Hard to believe based on the way I feel right now...

Last week I had a rather nice surprise in the way of the latest issue of Belle Armoire Jewelry showing up in the mail. I wasn't expecting it since I haven't submitted anything to them in a while but low and behold, there was my long lost article that I wrote many months ago. I had kind of forgotten about it and then I meant to write them and see what ever had happened to it and then I forgot to do that... needless to say, I am thrilled that it has finally appeared in print. And as usual, it is another beautiful jam-packed issue full of gorgeous projects by incredibly talented people. It's always an honor to be among them.

This past Sunday my friend, Dani, and I drove up to see Lorelei. We had a rather quick visit but packed in as much fun as we could. After stuffing our faces until we were nearly comatose we managed to make our way over to Michaels craft store where we picked out some new beads for our next challenge. Some of you may remember our first challenge and just how fun that was. This time Lori has opened it up to anyone who would like to join us. You can see more info about it on her blog. The deadline is Friday, December 17th!

I've been stocking my Etsy shop with lots of pretty things over the past few days. I have neglected this shop for a while now (call it Etsy burn-out) but I am feeling frisky and ready to get it built back up. I have a lot of new designs, including this pretty one above.

This is a new style of earring and I think it's quite lovely. Shapes always amaze me by being so simple and yet so bold. This pair is sleek to the max.

A sweet bouquet in periwinkle...

I've been making this style earring for a while now but have yet to be bored with it. In this golden amber glaze they are down right yummy!

Isn't this gorgeous? Especially in this crackle turquoise glaze... dreamy....

Check out the shop for lots of new pretty things. I will be adding new pieces daily AND shipping daily until Christmas. :)

Comments

I know what you mean about being burned out… I look back on doing 30+ bead shows in a year and then coming home to make and make and make beads and think - how did I ever do that? It's nice taking some time off to figure stuff out and come up with new things… I hope you have some good time off coming up after Christmas! Let me know if you ever happen down this end towards Philly and we'll have some coffee & chocolate!
Sharon said…
Glad you are feeling better and raring to create beautiful beads for your shop. Have a restful and relaxing Holiday Season.

Popular Posts