Head spin

My working frenzy continues as I spend nearly every day in the pottery studio and every night in the jewelry studio. And yet it will be a while before I feel I have anything to show for it. Perhaps when I set up for my next show in a few weeks I will be able to see the fruits of my frenetic labors. Right now I just see piles of pieces in various stages of completion, beads scattered all over my floor, tubs of freshly mixed new glaze samples that I am itching to try out and my resolve curled up in a corner sucking its thumb.

I did get a small, wee break last weekend when I hitched a ride down to Long Island to have a quick visit with my family. That's the Northport Harbor above.

It was a very short visit but I did manage to find the time to scavenge through my grandmother's extensive sea glass collection (with her permission, of course). She allowed me to take a nice little pile with the promise that I would make her a piece of jewelry using a piece of it. That's a bartering deal I am up for!

In the studio this week I am working on all kinds of things. Some one-of-a-kind earrings (above) and sets of butterfly beads (below) are in the works. I'm also trying to finish up my Art Bead Scene challenge piece before the month runs out. Keep your fingers crossed for that one - somehow time is not my friend this month.


I'm sure I am not the only one running around like a freak these days. What are you guys up to? Any exciting projects in the works? :)

Comments

peacockfairy said…
Ohhh, I can't wait for the butterflies! You're a busy girl! I too feel there is something in the air that is making me feel overwhelmed and anxious. I am off work next week for a "staycation" and I have a list of things I want to get done. I just hope I have the motivation once the time gets here!
mairedodd said…
love what you are creating! especially the earring components... i actually just blogged about a bracelet i made with one of your hearts!
SummersStudio said…
Deep breathing. I am a hollow reed. A treat for me. Clay in my favourite state...unglazed. So full of potential.

Popular Posts