A flock of butterflies

I worked on some new necklaces today which make use of my new(ish) graduated butterfly beads. I made these beads months ago and am now getting around to making some necklaces with them (though they will be making their official debut in a publication this September:).

I really like how different I can make each necklace by simply changing the components and beads. The possibilities are endless ensuring that each one is truly a one-of-a-kind.

This one (above) is probably my favorite. I used four vintage mother-of-pearl buttons that I have been saving for quite a while. They were new old stock, still on their original card, pristine and untouched. You can't tell from the photo but they have a wonderful luster to them - just like real pearls!

On this one I used some of my favorite beads - pierced metal in a warm antique copper finish. They are perfect little cages, very light with an ancient feeling. This would be a great necklace for the Autumn. (Yes, I am already looking forward to my favorite time of year.)

I went super girly on the last necklace. Aqua and pink are such a lovely combination, I just couldn't resist making this as pretty and feminine as possible.

I haven't decided yet if I will list these in my Etsy shop or hoard them away for my next show. If you see one that you are interested in drop me an email and I will list it for you (naneliz2@yahoo.com). Otherwise it may be bye-bye butterfly. :)

Comments

Silver Parrot said…
Okay - SERIOUS drooling over here! I'll try not to get any on the beads LOL! I NEED some of those butterflies!!
Round Rabbit said…
I have a little secret for you... I will be offering the butterfly bead sets for sale by the end of August. ;)
mairedodd said…
these are really wonderful - i love how they each have a different attitude... and i can see why you love the mother of pearl buttons... they are gorgeous!
SummersStudio said…
I love the butterflies! Love how each piece is unique just by changing up the components and sizes. Beautiful.
peacockfairy said…
Oh. My. Gosh. How lovely! I am going to show a friend of mine this post because she loves butterflies like I love peacocks! I have to admit I like butterflies too. These are so cool! Looking forward to the bead sets!
Dani said…
Ohhhh so pretty!!! Love them all and you really are talented!
TesoriTrovati said…
I love to see variations on a theme. Really pretty colors of those butterflies. I think a group of graduated colors in one necklace might be a nice complement. Thanks for sharing! Enjoy the day! Erin
Beth Hikes said…
These are so lovely! I'm dying to see you wear one :) What a neat idea and your choice of glaze and beads and fabulous. Can't wait to see them in print!
Rosanne said…
I do love those butterfl necklaces.
Save me a set of butterflies too!
Please?
Sharon said…
The necklace with the buttons is my fave, too!

I am already imagining butterfly bead sets on one of my hats!
SueBeads said…
So very cool! Love the butterflies!
noricum said…
Lovely!!! (I think I will have to splurge on a bead set too!) And finally buy myself some of your other lovelies....

Popular Posts