Newness all over

Whew! What a busy day! I am so ready for my tea and cookies and sleep time. But first...

How do you like the new look of my blog? I tried at least 138 different backgrounds before finally settling on this one. I think it's a nice change for spring. I need to lighten my mood and get out of this Winter funk. Perhaps this will help. Be sure to check out Cristi's Creations for excellent FREE blog backgrounds. (Lorelei has one of her backgrounds as well - check it out!)

OK, so I made some new earrings today. Yet another version of my discus series and I am particularly tickled by them. I call them Industrial Discus though they aren't really that industrial looking. But I needed a name and that is what came to mind as I was listing them. So there you have it. Anyhoo, I made two pairs which feature a mix of copper and sterling silver - my favorite combo. I soldered copper wire into rings with a nice drop of silver-bearing solder and drilled it to provide a hole to hang from the sterling earwires. The soldered ring was inspired by Stephanie Lee. I was particularly excited to be able to apply one of her techniques to my own work. I find her so completely inspiring.
Both pairs are listed in my Etsy shop at this very moment. :)



In other exciting news... I have been etching like a freak again but this time I made some nice, big pendant pieces. You guys asked for some different shapes so I am starting with these - let me know what other shapes and styles you want!

I am not entirely thrilled with my photos (I thought turquoise would showcase the copper better, but it just looks extra blah to me) but I am COMPLETELY thrilled with the pieces. In fact, as I was making them I had a major epiphany and came up with a jewelry idea that I can't wait to execute. (I'm smiling and kind of giggling just thinking about it)

These pendants, and a whole bunch more, are listed in my Extra shop.

How cute is this bunny? Very.
And speaking of bunnies - one last thing... Maureen of The Jeweled Rabbit was sweet enough to interview me for her Heros of Handmade column so if you have a burning desire to learn a little more about me and how I work be sure to check it out here. Thanks so much, Maureen!

Comments

jeweledrabbit said…
I love the bunny. =OD

I love the new background too.
jeweledrabbit said…
And you're welcome. LOL
Tam Hess said…
Just found your blog. I love it! Beautiful earrings. xoxo
modernemama said…
Love the bunny and thinking a bigger one would make a great doorplate
SarahKelley said…
1st can I ask a horrible question? You don't have to answer . . . I read the interview and there were only 2 bunnies. Is Finch still around?
2nd, there's an award for you on my blog. If you aren't into them, no worries-- but your blogging efforts are appreciated:)
Stephanie said…
I already have springtime fever in my store. Your bunny is AWESOME! LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! Isn't it funny how an innocent little background change turns into so much more after teh 100th background you've checked out... :) Good choice though... perfect for SPring!

Stephanie
Round Rabbit said…
Thanks so much everyone!

Jane, a doorplace would be awesome! I was thinking of trying a switchplate... I'll see how that goes and maybe go bigger after that.

Don't worry, Sarah! Finch is just fine. I haven't mentioned her much so I think a lot of people don't realize I now have a third bunny. She is very skiddish and timid so I have my work cut out for me. But she and Petey through the gate all the time. Laurel is a bit jealous still but we are working on it. :) Thanks so much for the award!
Round Rabbit said…
I meant to say that Finch and Petey KISS through the gate all the time. They are little love birds. :)
SarahKelley said…
Nancy-- you don't know how glad I am-- I looked through your Flickr account and tried to figure out how old her pictures are and then I decided not to ask and then I woke up this morning still obssessing over her. I really couldn't pay much attention to your interview because I was obssessing over 2 rabbits!
I'm glad she's ok:)
planettreasures said…
the bunny is soooooo cute.
and the new-look blog is great! Nice and fresh
Jessica Marie said…
i completely adore the tree pendent.
Just catching up...evidently I haven't been here for awhile. Love all your new items....especially the jewelry challenge piece. Always fun to see what you come up with.

Popular Posts