Happy New Year starting... now!

So it is day three of the new year and I have been missing in action. I am in my third day of a two week fast. The past two days were spent feeling very caffeine deprived with a droning headache and a strong craving for gallons of blue cheese dressing. Today, however, all is good. The cravings have subsided along with the headache, I am energized and raring to go! So...

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!

I have many goals set for this new year and I plan on carrying out each and every one (I say that today - next week could be another story). I will share a few with everyone so that you can all help to keep me on track. :)

  1. I will eat healthier. For me this means eating out less and cooking more at home. No more coffee and only the occasional (very occasional) soda. I have learned that caffeine is not my friend so it must go bye-bye.
  2. I will get organized and try not to be such a slob. I tend to be very organized in my work but my house is quite another story. I have always been a cluttered mess and I don't really know if this old dog can learn a new trick, but I will give it a shot. My first plan of action is to finally clean this. Yes, I admit that I have never fully cleaned this area since that post way back in May. (do I get any points for honesty?)
  3. I will work more efficiently. I work hard and I work a lot but I am certain that I could get even more done if I prioritize a bit better. That means making lists of what I want to accomplish every time I enter the studio and not leaving until they are all done. That also means setting deadlines for myself and perhaps hiring someone to stand over me with a gun to my head (I need the pressure, trust me!).
  4. I will work on my communication skills. OK, so this is a tough one. I am HORRIBLE at returning emails in a timely fashion and this is only exasperated by Etsy's awful covo system (placing blame on others - also a new year's resolution:). So here is my open apology to any all that I have not responded to yet. You know who you are (dad, abbey, tad, lorelei, chris, rosanne..). I haven't forgotten any of you and there is really no good reason for me not writing other than... um.. see? No good reason.
  5. I will do something creative every single day. This isn't really a resolution, more of a promise to myself. I can't imagine a day going by without creating something, whether it is physical or simply planning something out in my mind.
OK. That is all for now. There are a zillion more things I need to work on this year but I won't bore you any longer. I hope everyone will achieve their goals this year no matter how big or small they might be. :)

Comments

Rosanne said…
Oh Nancy...you sure make me laugh! Good luck with your resolutions, I decided to make my resolution not to make resolutions, that keeps the pressure off of me, as I am tired of being stressed. Instead, I've set some goals and made some lists, I have things I want to accomplish and I AM going to do them one thing at a time. I'm a clutter person too, and my husband is a neat freak. I haven't seen our dining table for 2 months now and I'm sure it bothers Geary, but he's lived with me this long...
Happy New Year to you!
Lorelei Eurto said…
You've got some big goals here chica. I wish you luck in attaining the no coffee thing. Whew. Just the thought of that makes me a little bit weak in the knees.
Dani said…
No goal is ever small...just put your mind to it and you can achieve anything!

I have one goal this year...CHANGE!!! Lots of different ways this can be taken but for the most part myself!

Good luck my friend, let me know if the person with the gun is out for hire!!
SummersStudio said…
I'm a no resolutions gal myself...BUT... I've spent the last 2 days putting together my plan for the next year. I've actually found it useful to 'schedule' in personal, household, and even spiritual aspirations. Good luck with your resolutions! Cheers and best wishes for the next year.
Gaea said…
Happy New Year! You GO GIRL! Or not. I say it should be the year of "Do As You Like" and a big fat raspberry to everything else. Oh. Wait. That's been my "year" for the last 3. Oh well... carry on! ; 0

P.S. I had to give up regular coffee and any excessive caffeine about a year ago. I feel for you!
No coffee? Say it ain't so!

Good luck with your resolutions! I admire the list.
Andrew Thornton said…
Happy New Year, Nancy! I think I may be one of the few who was like, "Nancy's not good at emailing? Who knew?" You've always written back to me in a timely fashion. Then again, I disappear for days at a time... so... maybe you're as horrible as you say, but I never noticed.

Give up coffee and soda! No way! I would not inflict that upon the world.

Happy New Year, again!
modernemama said…
I think there's a certain creativity to clutter, yours looks artistic, but Is my etsy order buried under there?
Round Rabbit said…
Haha! Have no fear, modernemama! I am highly organized when it comes to my business (I don't mess around when money is involved ;).
:) You don't ever have to worry about not emailing me (if I'm the Abbey you were even talking about)! I'd just take forever to respond anyways. Happy new year! xo,
Abbey
Round Rabbit said…
Yes, you are the Abbey I was talking about! You rock, Abbey Dear!

Popular Posts