Undercooked

In case you have ever wondered what underfired pottery looks like (and who hasn't?), here it is.
I meant to write about this a while ago but it got lost in the mix somehow. I handbuilt these bottles last month and glazed them in what was supposed to be a lovely matte soft aqua glaze. Well, the kiln blew an element before the firing reached temperature and shut down. Everything had to be unloaded, loaded into another kiln and refired. I decided to keep these bottles as is. For now, at least. They look so unusual and it is certainly something that will never be achieved again so I thought I might live with them for a while.

And yet, part of me really, r e a l l y wants to refire them. :)

Comments

meme said…
LOVE your attitude!! Nothing more heartstopping than to find out your kiln is having issues!!! I love the vases too..loved them green..love them now..they look like something from the ocean. Hey people pay alotta money for glaze like that right??? ;-)
Hope kiln #2 behaves!!!

Popular Posts