Petey & Laurel sitting in a tree...

The bunnies have bonded! Yes, it appears to be so. Almost a full week has passed with no barriers, no lock-downs, no flying fur - I still can't believe it. The above blurry photo is the only one I have been able to snap of them together. Laurel is far too inquisitive to let me take photos (as you can see by her rushing towards the camera). They look like a celebrity couple that has been caught being naughty and she is coming to attack the paparazzi.

Petey, on the other hand, loves a good photo session. Not to mention Laurel's pink blanket and rug. He has planted himself firmly in pinkness (he must know how it matches his rosy eyes) and has no plans of leaving.

It has taken four months for Petey and Laurel to learn to like each other. They aren't best friends just yet but every day they get closer and closer. I never thought they would be able to live together peacefully - not after seeing how viciously they fought and how long they would hold grudges afterwards (yes, rabbits do hold grudges). I still worry that something will trigger a fight and we will have to start over, but so far, so good. (keeping fingers crossed at all times)

Comments

Hooray! I'm so happy for them! Their love will surely grow over time and I bet in a year your home will be full of lickfests and snuggling.
whitepaw said…
Congratulations! It takes alot of patience and nerve to see fur fly. Fingers crossed for bunny love ;)
Angela said…
Awww, yay for bunny love!

I want one so badly . . . if only I didn't have a Jack Russell.
Unknown said…
what sweet bunnies. I see that Petey is a bit of a camera-hog! :)

Popular Posts