Neil Patterson Workshop

This past weekend the Syracuse Ceramic Guild, of which I am a member, hosted a pottery workshop with Neil Patterson. Armed with large amounts of cold meds (yes, I'm still sick) I, along with four friends, made my way to Syracuse. Nearly a year ago I attended a workshop with Neil's wife, Sandi Pierantozzi, from which I am still drawing inspiration. Neil's workshop was just as inspiring. And even though he throws all his forms on the wheel (I am a hand builder) I was able to learn many new techniques that I will be able to apply to my own work.

Neil works by throwing a variety of forms on the wheel which he then reassembles by hand into many different pieces. These are some of the forms (below)...

and these are some of the pieces he made with them.



To see my photos from this workshop click here. And to see better photos check out Neil and Sandi's website.

My apologies to any and all at the workshop that I may have given my cold to. If it is any consolation my voice completely disappeared the next day. Now it alternates between a really good Bea Arthur imitation and a high pitched squeak that makes my neighbor's dogs bark.

Comments

What beautiful work..no wonder you wanted to make the show..Hope you feel much better..
tatsuko said…
Wow, looks like you had a great workshop! Always so inspiring to learn from other artists :)
Steph said…
His work is amazing!

Popular Posts